[Gpdd] Announcement: Squeakers has crossed the Bridge

Sarah Hudson sarahhudson77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 08:49:30 EDT 2006

Sadly another one of my piggies has crossed the Bridge. Squeakers crossed Saturday around 11pm in my arms.  I noticed Friday night that he wasn't as interested in the romaine as he usually is, but he still took a leaf and started munching. Saturday morning he laying outside his pigloo and had only nibbled on the romaine from the night before. I picked him up and immediately knew that his time was near. Unfortunately I had to work Saturday. I left him hoping he would be better when I got home. Of course he wasn't. I held on to him until he passed away. He did not appear to be ill and was at a healthy weight. He would have been 6 years old in a few months. He was one of a surprise litter of 3 (Spicey came to me pregnant). He is survived by him mother Spicey and his sister Patches. His other sister Lil' Spice crossed the bridge in December. Over a a year ago Squeakers lost a lot of weight and we could never figure out what was wrong. I was sure that I was going to lose him
 then. Then one day I noticed he was eating on his own again and eventually he put most of the weight back on. Fortunately he stayed with me for almost another year and half. He was the sweetest of my pigs. He got along with every pig. Unfortunately not all the pigs got along with him. After his cagemate Howie crossed over I was never able to pair him up with another of my boars and he was not neutered so no living with the girls. I made sure that he was close to the others and was allowed supervised time with the girls. When he was ill and at the vet so much he would always want to snuggle up to me as if to say "Protect me, keep me safe".   I definitely felt a connection with him. I will miss you Squeak and hope that even if your life with me wasn't the best it could be that you were happy.

  I now have 4 pigs remaining in my herd. In all 12 pigs have allowed me to be called slave. I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to take care of them. Unfortunately it doesn't get any easier to lose one. Thanks for listening.

  Sarah and the 4 remaining piggies: Spicey, Patches, Pumpkin and Spooky
  Remembering: Boomer, Howie, Elliot, Alvin, Milo, Lil' Spice, Rocket and now Squeakers