[Gpdd] [Announcement][Care] New member and question about hay

Casey buggie_00 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 12:32:45 EDT 2006

Hello everyone, I will try to keep this as short as possible.
  My name is Casey and I live in South Carolina in the US.  I purchased two female pigs from a local pet store that I thought was reputable.  I had not done sufficient research into pig care before I got them and feel so guilty about that now.  I have since mended my ways and am trying to provide the best home possible to my adorable piggies.  I will never buy from a pet store again I promise, I will go to rescues!!!!  My pigs are Cookie and French Fry, and more recently we now have Biscuit who was born to Cookie on Thursday the 16th of June.  We did not know Cookie was pregnant. Since I have done extreme research on piggies and their care and will be building a large C&C cage as soon as we move to a bigger home (in about a month).  My piggies get lots of love and floor time as well.

  I have a question about hay.  I have seen some people talking about meadow hay and redigrass and such and I had no clue that they required different types of hay.  I've been giving them plenty of Timothy hay each day but I would like to make sure that too much of one kind will not harm them and what the benifits of the other types are.  Plus any insight into baby pig care and building C&C cages would be greatly appreciated.

  I am also sorry to hear about so many recent losses, I am new to the guinea pig world but even after such a short time I could not imagine the loss you are feeling, I hope you all feel better soon.

  Casey