[Gpdd] MISC-Pregnant piggie at Oregon petshop

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 26 15:43:51 EDT 2006

Hi Jessica,

That's a tough one, your mom must be frustrated. I would be.  I would call and ask to speak to the manager or owner of the Petshop (hopefully it's NOT the irresponsible woman who she already spoke with) and let her know the situation.  Let her know that she (your mom) knows  a lot about guinea pigs, and that is not a good situation for a pig.  Also, offer to buy her again (maybe offer to pay a bit more for her than $6.99).  Not only can she get pregnant right away, but a rabbit can do damage to an adult pig, let a lone a tiny baby, etc....Why is it that people who work in pet shops (typically) know so little about animals?  Like you said, she should also try the Humane Society and the local Animal Control and speak to someone about the dangerous/cruel situation.  Even if she's already given birth by now, she should still be in her own cage.  Good Luck!

Lisa S. (In San Diego)
& her piggies,
Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevieve & Bronwyn