[Gpdd] Health >Mites

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 01:05:34 EDT 2006

Hi to everyone,
  Well after the lice fiasco with The Boys, I am looking at a case of mites. I sound as if I am a hypocondriac for my boys, but I just want to do everything I can...I used the Advantage on The Boys about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Which the vet said was ok. They are still scratching. Is this normal? We are currently in Montana, no where near a vet. Since our 3 day road trip here, Alf has not been the same. I have been syringing him water, which he is readily taking (he is eating) and I am giving him Trimet/Su that Comet was taking for a slight fever. Alf felt overly warm. In checking Alf's skin, he has has very thin hair around his upper legs and neck, he has a scab which I am going to assume is from scratching, and he continues to have flaky skin and it is starting to get thick and crusty on his butt.
  In reading Peter Gurney's site it seems to be mites. It is hard to understand from his website if Neem Oil is also used for mites or just lice. I do have some Neem Oil. I have also found a couple of sites that say that Bag Balm is good. It says that it smothers the mites and the antispetic in the balm is soothing to the skin. http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/pigdisease/ The hair does fall off, but will grow back. Has anyone used this? You read so much about skin scrapings not coming up with mites and vets misdiagnosing.

  Gwen and The Boys from Las Vegas (vacationing in Montana)
  Comet, Alf and Chip