[Gpdd] Health Loss of a Piggies' Piggy

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 14:06:36 EST 2006

Yes I do think a piggy suffers when their buddy dies.
My Emma lost half a pound after her husband Smeagol
died!  I think the only thing keeping her alive is
that she had three pups to take care of.  (They were
one week old when Smeags died!:( )  He died over a
year and a half ago due to being castrated!  He died
at the Vet's. I went to pick him up, and they went
back to get him for me and he had stopped breathing!
He died before I could say Good bye.  I still cry,
because I feel guilty.  I just wanted him to live with
his beloved Emma without having to put Emma through
another litter.

I am sure many live through being castrated, but I
would never EVER suggest it!  I now have Smeagol's
son, Liam Smeagol. He is living Happily ever after,
with his, as we call him, "Life Partner", Froders,
(also a boy).  And Emma lives with her daughter, Aeva.
 One big happy family.

Wow did I tangent!  So yes, they do get sad when their
buddies die!  They can even starve them selves to
death!

I do not like the idea of castration, I think "Life
Partners" are great for guinea pigs!  And that is all
I have to say!

The Four Pigs  Aeva Emma Liam And Froders  (Whom are
all starting to get their fur back!  A Shot of
Ivermectin for all!)

And their slave for ever    Carly!