[Gpdd] Behavior: Do Guinea Pigs Grieve?

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 12:44:45 EST 2006

Ev,

Guinea pigs DO grieve, sometimes with tragic results. I once had a perfectly
healthy guinea pig die within a week of her sister, whom she had been with
since birth. Some of my piggies will stop eating for awhile, and lose interest in
everything. They always KNOW that something is WRONG when one of them dies.

The scientific community is finally beginning to figure out that guinea pigs
(and other small animals) have feelings (sometimes VERY intense ones),
something that we slaves have known for years.

Love and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEPS,

Alyssa and the guinea pig movie stars
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms