[Gpdd] HEALTH: Neutering

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Thu Mar 9 12:51:05 EST 2006

In the last 8 years, out of 17 guinea pigs, 8 have been males.  All have
been neutered so that we could have "munchee mingling" at floor time.
While there are always risks with any surgical procedure, I have yet to
lose any as a result of neutering.  Even if you put two males together,
having them neutered can reduce problems between them.

Carly, don't feel guilty about your decision.  You were doing what you
thought would make Smeagol and Emma the happiest.  You had the best
intentions and I'm sure Smeagol knew that you would never do anything
intentionally that would hurt him.  Sadly, not everything is in our
control or works out the way we want it to.

Kacee Conklin, Mom to the Munchee Nine