[Gpdd] Health Not So Boy Anymore!

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 10:49:20 EST 2006

Yeah to Jan!

Let me vent the entire Smeagol story.

The vet that I took my baby to has since lost his Vet
lic.   The sad thing of it is, he mistreated many
animals. A lot of animal were killed. I found this out
too late after my little Smeagol had lost his life.
The worst thing about it, they waited all day, and
told me all day that he was fine, and did well.  THen,
when I went to get him, they told me he had died!!!!!!
 How cruel!  All I can think about is my Smeagol dying
all alone!  ( This is hard for me, I work in a nursing
home, and often stay late with people who are dying
and have no family. No one should be alone when they
are dying) I just think of him in some cold cage
suffering, and struggling for breath.  Then they made
me pay, and asked me how I would like the body
disposed of.  THey could put it in a "trash
recepticle" for $35.  They were going to just dump his
body in the trash!  I was so MAD!   (And am crying
again! ) I am a Mush!
As you can tell, this is a toutchy subject.  I am so
happy it goes as well as it does for all of you.  My
suggestion to anyone out there reading this, before
doing anything that involves cutting your piggy.  Get
to know your vets.  Shop around.  This vet had said
that he had done many guinea pig castrations, along
with other piggy procedures.   I even talked to a few
people that used him as their piggy vet, but only one
had the castration done, successfully.

 We have found a new vet whom I think the world of.
The problem of living way out in Mid west America,
hard to find a good vet. They tend to go for bigger
cities where they can make more money, farming towns
don't bring in enough money for them.   But if anyone
here Lives around south east Minnesota, the Vet in
Goodview MN is awesome!  Anne is her name!  All four
of my piggies like her!  She even has pictures of my
piggies up around of my piggies in their cothes!

Thanks for lending me your ears.  I am now done
venting.

Carly and the Four Pigs  Aeva Emma Liam and
Froders....  And Smeagol in my Heart For ever