[Gpdd] Behavior: Do piggies grieve?

calzos calcinos at yahoo.es
Fri Mar 10 11:59:14 EST 2006

Yes, piggies DO grieve. My first one, Pqñín (years ago) saw his partner (sister, Xiki) dying in front of him; he just watched. Then, he pulled and pushed her into their pigloo (and broke his little leg also), and slept on her body until we took her away. He didn't eat or drink if I wasn't talkin' to him; two nights later, he started to wheeek (surprising!), tryin' to climb to my bed from his open cage (and he could do it all nite long...). Second nite, I set my bed on the naked floor and we slept together, and he started to run n play again every day. A month later, he was ok and we were One. He always was running around my feet and stood up to be cuddle; if I said "to bed", he ran from kitchen to our room and jump into the bed, and you could see just his head, waitin' for me. When I was in bed, he kissed my legs or hands and slept all night long. He was (is) Great, and we travelled a lot: many cities, by train, ship, car...and many problems but we were side by side :) I'm sure he
 (as me) never forgot that lil' girl, and I'm very sorry because we didn't give him a new partner, but he was my first piggie and I didn't know what to do (forgive me, mi Bb).

  Wheeks from Spain; Cris and the piggies Cosina, Mochín, mamá-Wanda, Chocolatín (Choco) and Hastur (Pqñín and Xiki - always in my heart).