[Gpdd] health-water bottles

twigg1 at comcast.net twigg1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 22:01:53 EST 2006

Hi Everyone !

I've had the same problems Linda has had
with water bottles.
I think the main problem is improper sealing
of the washer.
It's real easy to cross-thread the bottle into
the metal down-tube, thus leaving a gap.
My solution has been to, after cleaning
everything, to make sure the washer is
pressed firmly and seated properly into the
"dispenser" . The next thing to do is to fill
the water bottle ALL the way to the very top.
This is very important, as it prevents a
vacuum from being formed. When you then
screw the dispenser onto the bottle, do not
squeez the bottle- that will also create a
vacuum. Once the dispenser is on, with the
dispenser pointing down, tap the bottle
to get the air bubbles to rise to the top,
then tap the end of the dispenser tube to
make sure water is flowing.
Also, if the bottle is mounted in the cage
at the wrong angle, it will leak. There has
to be enough pressure on the ball in the
dispenser to seal it.
I hope I've been of some help.
Also, my condolences to all who've lost
little girls and boys; I stopped reading
the rainbow bridge mail right after I joined;
I hate to think of losing my two little girls.
Good Luck To All ! Ty