[Gpdd] Misc: The Pee Pee Puddle Story

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 11 19:07:18 EST 2006

    Okay, everyone! I have a good one for you.
    As you all know, we've moved to a new apartment and everything has been chaotic. Very much so. So much in fact that I forgot to get bedding for my guinea girls with the leftover money I had. I ended up spending it on a new outfit. It's really cute. Yes, I do still feel guilty. Anyway, their cage smelled very stinky, so I had to change it; therefore I started to explore new and creative bedding materials. I tried towels (they loved the fluffy softness, but they got funky really fast), shredded paper (pulp within minutes), and cotton balls (surprisingly good, except that they got soggy and wouldn't dry out. As a  last resort (after all, I got paid the next day), I tried just plain old newspaper laid flat.
    Well the girls loved it. They were leaping onto it to make the crunching noise, they chewed it, rolled on it and basically had a great time. So the afternoon wears on and all seems to be going good, so I go to check on them. And what do I find? Pooky and Blacky splashing in a puddle! I laid glossy sales papers on the bottom like an idiot, and so the liquid wasn't absorbing as quickly as it normally would.
    So, as any other guinea mommy my first instinct was to check the water bottle thinking, "Oh, it must have sprung a leak", but after close inspection I realized it was fine. A horrible feeling of dread washed over me as I looked in at my damp, happy guineas when the dawning realization came. It wasn't water.... it was pee! AHHH! I scoop up the girls and put them straight into a bath to get the pee off of them, gagging the entire time. And as they were snuggled in their warming box ( a small laundry hamper lined with towels)I washed out their cage really well. Towels went back in, and the reluctantly clean guineas went back in, mad at me for taking way their toy and making them take a BATH. *sigh* Am I the only one with weird piggies?
    I hope this rousing tale got a laugh out of you. Take care!
                                Love, Amber