[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE--Condolences for Smeagol

Julie juwles at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 12 07:10:34 EST 2006

Dear Carly
I am new to the digest - this is my first posting.  I am heartbroken for
your terrible loss.   I have had similar experiences with my only 2
guinea pigs... but at least the vet didn't lie to me, and it wasn't
because of negligence that my piggies died.   I live in Australia, and
it's very hard to find a vet who knows anything about guinea pigs (I
suspect I know more than the vets do now).   I wish I could have been
with my two boys when they were about to cross the bridge..... I didn't
want them dying alone without their mummy's comforting words of love &
caresses.

Take comfort that I know how you feel (and so does everyone from the
digest), and that you have many friends out there feeling your sorrow
and sending you strength to survive your terrible ordeal.      I didn't
think I would - the best thing I did was to buy another piggy very
quickly after my last piggy's death - he has helped me to cope.

Julie (crazy in love with all piggies!)