[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Digital Scales

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 04:51:08 EST 2006

Janelle

I'm pretty sure I got the digital scales from a catalogue store in the UK
called "Argos" - I don't know whether you have that in the US? They were not
expensive. I would have thought any kitchen store over there would sell them.
Mine work from a battery. I take the scale pan off and put the bottom part of a
 plastic piggie carrier with hay in the bottom on instead, then press the
"tare"  button, which makes the scales reset themselves to zero. Thus when I put
the  piggie in, the weight shown is just the piggie, not the carrier as well.
I do  keep my hands just above the piggie, as whilst some are happy to munch
the hay,  others will try to jump out! But they are weighed every week, so are
used to the  process and it does not scare them.

Hope this helps

Warm wheeks from Debbie (and the 17 Dolly  Mixtures)