[Gpdd] Update: Babies and babies, and a question

Jo Ann Henry jojoscats at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 08:37:51 EST 2006

I want to thank all of the kind words and intelligent
advice offered to me regarding my accidentally bred
(and re-bred and possibly bred) guinea pigs.

Yes, I really am a veterinary technician for... 15
years now! Due to health concerns and choice, I have
been working as a receptionist and a Clinical
Pathologist for the last six years. My current
position mostly involves reading fecals and other
parisitology. I consider myself a humble person, but
it was a real learning experience for me to understand
how much medicine I have forgotten!

Here is a quick update: Mom is indeed pregnant again,
although she is doing well and much happier now
without the kids. Dad is doing very well two weeks
after his neuter. The kids are doing well, although
they are not happy being separated into boy-girls
groups. Little man is scheduled for his neuter
THursday.

I am fortunate that I have an excellent "exotics" vet
for the surgery; unfortuneately, he has been quite ill
with food poisoning which delayed the second neuter! I
am also fortunate that my boyfriend and I are
financially stable so that we can handle all of the
consequences of my mistake(s) with only temporary
sacrifices.

Of course, too, quite selfishly, it has been a blast
having all of these piggies in the house!

My question is this: The kids always act like they are
STARVING. They are eating KayTee mix and timothy hay,
and I just received from Oxbow alfalfa hay. Plus they
get fruits and veggies. They are always wheeking for
food, and if ignored, they'll give the very persistant
WHEEK!. I've been feeding them as much as they'll eat.

Are they getting over on me? Am I spoiling them?

Thanks again for all the help. John, Sweet Potato,
Eggplant, Snickers, Wheek, Minky, and Raisinette
appreciate it greatly! (and the future kids... SIGH.)

Jo Ann