[Gpdd] health, moldy water bottles

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:06:01 EST 2006

I'm responding to the person who wrote about water bottles.  Mine don't get
a dark kind of "mold," but I can see "stuff" gathering on the sides.  I
don't know what this stuff is made of, but it can't be good for the piggies.
  So I wash out the water bottles with hot water and replace all the water
every day, regardless of whether they have drunk all of it or not, and I
think this is a good general idea, since things like bacteria gathering in
the bottle or tip may not always be visible.  Also, periodically I use a
brush to brush out the inside of the bottle -- I guess there are different
kinds of brushes that work, but I found mine in the pet store under the
aquarium supplies.

Ruth in Portland