[Gpdd] (Health) Constant barbering and soft poos

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 21:29:01 EST 2006

Digesters,
  I need help with two of my piggies: The first is Tigger, who seems to be constantly barbering the other girls (all except for Teddy, who's a big bully and won't let the others near her). She has chewed Maxine's hair so much that it looks like someone gave her a full body haircut with a pair of children's scissors! Up to this point, she's only nibbled a little on hair, but in the past month or so it seems every time I look at her she's chewing Maxine's hair...how do I get her to stop? She's always been in with other pigs, so I would hate to put her in a cage by herself. Will eating all this hair hurt her?

  Next is Sera--she has *really* soft poos. It's not liquid, like true diarrhea, but it's very soft and misshapen. It almost looks like a Critical Care mixture (sorry, that's the only way I can think to describe it). She just came off a month of Baytril for a URI, and she seemed to be fine until about two weeks ago. She's eating normally, but she's drinking a lot of water. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've never had a problem like this with any of my pigs before. None of the other girls seem to have soft poos so I'm assuming whatever it is, isn't contagious.

  Thanks,
  Stacy and the Squee Squad