[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Loss of appetite - Sid

Angela MacLellan angela at maclellan.org.uk
Thu Mar 16 03:25:09 EST 2006

Hi everyone

Please can anyone suggest how I can get Sid to eat again

He is a 10 mth old Texel who had his teeth clipped on 8 Jan

following this he would not eat his pellets and we have been syringe feeding

Recovery four times a day since!  He did get to the stage of eating small amounts

of cucumber, cabbage and parsley.

About two weeks ago he stopped eating these things and going to his water bottle

his tooth spur had grown back and was clipped again but the only food and water

he is taking is from the syringe and this is barely maintaining his weight at

720g   (1.6 pounds)

How can I interest him in eating veg and pellets again.  I have tried soaking the pellets

and tried different pellets but he is not interested

Any advice would be welcome, I fear we shall lose him

Many thanks

Angela and Sid