[Gpdd] Misc: A New Cage & St. Patty's blessings from a Chi-town Colleen

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 02:31:55 EST 2006

      Dearest GPDDers,
    How are you guys? I am doing all right. I am a little sad right now about all of the guineas that have recently left for the Rainbow Bridge, and my heart goes out to each and every one of you right now. So, in hopes of trying to keep my spirits up, and those of my furry friends as well, I have been focusing on a new task.
    I have officially begun work on the new Piercefield Cavy Condo: luxurious living for your modern cavy. It'll be a nice big one with the coroplast bottoms and a lid (I do have a cat and a kid, though honestly, I think the cat is the least of my problems), and will be big enough for them to run and play all day. All Floors Day, every day!
    Now, if you guys can keep it quiet, I'll tell you a little secret. I am hoping very very deeply that Michal won't notice that the cage is a little bigger than is needed for two piggies. Yes, yes, I have been bit by the Mommy-Bug and now I want to expand the sister-herd. I'll start with one more.... and maybe go as far as two more. But I am not addicted, I can stop anytime I like. :)
    You know what it is, honest and for true? I think there is some clock inside of my head saying, "It's time to have another baby!" and I am hitting the snooze button. I had a BAD pregnancy, I don't have a death wish, and one college tuition will be bad enough. Besides, I've seen some of my girlfriends go from one kid to two. Between the oldest kid resenting the baby and taking it out on them physically and the youngest having issues with talking or potty training because they don't get enough attention, all I can say is, "NO WAY!" So, I will have a million guineas instead.
    It's a far better gig anyway. For one, guineas don't stink near as much as kids do. Typically you get a lot less bodily juices all over you from a guinea. Sure, they'll pee on you, but if the worst you get is pee from a kid you should consider yourself truly blessed. They keep their rooms cleaner, your not stepping all over their stuff when you're trying to wak to the bathroom at 2am (curse the person who came up with Polly Pocket!), they don't repeat every bad thing you say when you're driving to Grandma, they don't remind you that your jeans are fitting a little tighter, they eat their veggies, you can leave them home alone when you have to go shopping, you can watch whatever shows you want because you don't have to worry about polluting their little minds... and let's not forget the the expense. Give me guineas, please!
    Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry.
    Yes, so I am building a new cage. Yay! I'm really looking forward to it. Oh, and if any of you have managed to get past the rambling to get to this point, would you please post any advice you have on the cube and coroplast cages? I would appreciate any help in this endeavor I can get.
    Thank you and have a good night.
                    Love, Amber
PS: Happy St. Patty's, everyone! Have an Electric Lemonade in my honor because I will be home and sober and I must live vicariously through you. So, give a little toast to me and say:
    "May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
                    or
"When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!"
                    or, if you're feeling prideful...
"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
         Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)" ... that's an honest to God quote, folks!
Drive safely!