[Gpdd] Health: GP hearts

Brenda Colijn bcolijn at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 17 16:58:53 EST 2006

My husband works at the Ohio State University. The campus newspaper
recently had a story about a distinguished lecture by an OSU professor
who is a heart expert.  He was talking about the good features of the
hearts of certain animals.  This is what he said about guinea pigs:
"The heart of a guinea pig has an enormous intersecting grid of
arteries.  Even if two or three of its major arteries become obstructed,
the flow from nearby vessels is more than adequate to sustain the heart
perfectly." The professor said he would like to have a heart that was
part guinea pig.  One more reason to admire our little furry friends!

Brenda (in Ohio, USA)
Max and Shadow ("We knew we were special!")