[Gpdd] Misc. Diannas Babies

Amie Veigel amieveigel at msn.com
Sun Mar 19 20:53:20 EST 2006

Well I am very happpy to report that all the babies, and their Mummy are
doing really well. Dianna has even managed to gain a little weight, and is
looking wonderful. The babies are growing sooo fast!
I managed to find a site that shows how to sex baby Guinea's, and have
worked out that I have 3 Boys, and 2 Girls. The three boys are named Worf
(the black and tan abyssian baby), Trip (the smooth coated tri colour), and
Harper (the abyssian baby who is also a tri colour, and takes after his dad
so much), and the girls are named Seven (a little black abyssian girl with a
white patch on her face, and one drop of brown under one eye, which is in
the white patch, she also has one tiny brown spot on her back, She is sooo
adorable!), and Romi (I call her and Haprer identical twins, even though her
face has a little more white on it, I gave her and Harper names from another
science fiction show, Andromedia, which my Husband and I also love!).

We named Worf for the character Worf from Star Trek series the Next
Generation and Deep Space Nine, not to mention all the Star trek next gen
movies.
Trip is named for Charles Tucker the Third, nicknamed Trip in Star Trek
Enterprise, and I think he is Grahams favorite Guinea Baby, little Trip
often comes running over to see Graham, and is always the one running around
the cage quite independently, definatly a little explorer, lol.
Harper is the smallest, and because of that, we named him for Seamus Harper
from Andromedia (also a Gene Roddenbury show, so we did not stray too far,
lol). Seamus Harper is a pretty small  man, but he has a lot of
determination, so the name seemed to fit our tiny baby.
We named Romi after another character in Andromedia, and it seemed to fit in
well since Harper and Romi look so similer, and since they love to hang out
together, much like Harper and Romi on the show :0).
And Lastly we named Seven, for Seven of Nine tertiary adjunct of unimatrix
zero one, from my favorite show Star Trek Voyager.

Wow that took a while, lol. Sorry for the length, Im just so excited about
our Guinea Babies.
We have decided to build a second story on our cage, and put the boys down
the bottom and the girls on top, as their are more boys, and the bottom will
be a little bigger. Once the boys are all desexed, we are going to put in a
ramp so all the guineas can go where they like.
I have also made a large playpen, for floortime, as our place has a lot of
dangerous guinea places, and I would rather be cautious then really sorry. I
will expand the playpen once I get the additional cubes I need for our Cubes
and Coroplast  second level.
Ive already started giving Will floor time, and he is still unsure and
frightened by it. All the other animals are out of the house, and I stay as
quite as possible to make him feel better, so hopefully he will learn to
enjoy his free time. I also put Dianna down for floor time (after Will had
gone back to his cage) and I spent some good quality time holding, and
checking over the babies. Which was so fun. They fit right in the palm of my
hand, and are so sweet.

Thanks so much for your lovely messages Birdie and Amber. Ill read them to
my guinea babies, and to Will and Dianna as well. :0)

>From Amie, Will, Dianna, Worf, Trip, Harper, Romi and Seven, (lol, maybe I
should have picked shorter names for the Guinea's).