[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Anorexic pig

Angela MacLellan angela at maclellan.org.uk
Sat Mar 25 14:26:11 EST 2006

Hi

I have once or twice posted asking advice about Sid who we had been syringe
feeding four times a day since 8 Jan.  Unfortunately he caught pneumonia this week and was put
to sleep yesterday

It was originally thought he had scurvy and we have been syringe feeding him Vit C and Recovery
but he never got back onto his normal food. He would sometimes eat very tiny pieces of cucumber,
banana and cabbage

The vet now thinks he had a liver problem - his liver was very small for a 10mth old pig and the albumen
levels in his blood also low. so he was probably unable to metabolise the Vit C and his teeth overgrew
and his bones were affected too.

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions - he is at rest now

Angela

(also slave to 10 other piggies)