[Gpdd] MISC: biting piggy

L M Hunter piggies_on_parade at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 13:08:55 EST 2006

In response to the pig who chews on his cage...I'm not sure what kind of cage you have, but our boy used to chew on the bars of his C&C cage (despite plenty to eat and many things to play with).  We eventually needed a new piece of coroplast because all the pigs would chew on the top edge of the plastic--it was just high enough to keep the litter in, so they could reach up easily and chew on it--so we got the new piece bigger and made it about 12 inches high on the sides so, 1) they can't chew on the coroplast, and 2) none of them can even reach the bars to chew on them.  Solved two problems!  Of course, if you don't have a C&C cage, that doesn't really apply....
  Hope that helps!