[Gpdd] Misc: cat grass

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Wed Mar 29 16:53:14 EST 2006

Hi All Piggies and their Peoples,

Spencer piggie was asking about Bermuda grass, sorry I don't know anything
about that but it did prompt me to mention cat grass (usually a combination
of oat, wheat and barley grass seeds). My piggies have a little party every
time I give it to them, they just love it. I've confirm (but please make
your own informed decision) that cat grass it good for more than just cats.
I've bought both the plants and the seeds. What I usually do it put the
plant into their playpen and hold it while they munch it right out of the
pot. They think it's fun to give it a tug but be sure to have a really
stable pot or keep a hold of it while they're grazing. I'm trying a couple
of different brands of seeds at the moment to see which one they like the
best and grows well here. Thought piggies may be interested in a cuisine
they may not have had yet.

All the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis