[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Thank you from the bottom of my heart and from the "looking for love pet rescue"

Michelle Lazarus michelle.lazarus at jefferson.edu
Fri Mar 31 09:35:57 EST 2006

To everyone here at the digest, especially those that directly
contributed to the looking for love pet rescue and to those that are
planning on still contributing . . .

THANK YOU!!!  I know that I am still trying to coordinate donations from
a few of you, but I wanted everyone to know how much help you provided
and to make everyone aware of how much more needs to be done.  I have
included Jenn's e-mail regarding our contributions in this post and I
want to share it with you . . .if you get a chance to read through it
all, please do.  She still needs our help and support. . . so if there
are any of you out there feeling altruistic with your tax returns,
please think about this rescue! :-)  Most of all thank you to all of you
who have already contributed and to those going the extra mile!  I have
responded to most of you individually and I truly can't express in words
how much your donations mean to me, to the rescue and to these wonderful
creatures I am proud to call me friends, confidants (they are great
listeners) and happy pills (there is nothing like coming home at the end
of a long day and hearing the scurrying of little feet in a stampede to
greet you at the edge of the cage!).

Jenn's thank you:
"Sorry for the delay in responding to your email.  things have been
extremely busy and crazy for me right now.

While I have responded personally to every email I have received about a
donation, could you please send my warmest wishes and deepest thanks to
all of the wonderful people at the Guinea Pig Daily Digest?  Every
donation is being put towards the vet bill which is the most urgent
right now since I can put food, bedding and other expenses on my credit
cards.   I thank each and every one of you for your help and support!

I appreciate your help in trying to get the vet bill paid off.  It has
been a huge source of stress in my life lately since if it doesnt get
paid, I personally am responsible for it.   Over the last 2 months, I
have made numerous payments totalling almost $3,000, yet sick animal
after sick animal seems to cross my path and the bill just shoots back
up and I dont know what to do since the donations dont even come
close!!!  I also have my own account there in addition to the rescue,
and my dog just had an $800 surgery I have to pay for, so at this time I
have no personal money I can put towards the rescue's account.   If I
cant pay the account down, I can not take in more animals that will add
to it.

We currently have Theo awaiting his heart surgery, and that will be any
time now.  The estimated price was $4500.   I have a Boxer who has been
in the rescue for 5 months-  he has had health problem after problem and
has even been hospitalized.  Now that we just got him over  his latest
hurdle, we still can not clear up the persistant loose stools-  he just
got about $400 in bloodwork done on Wednesday night and if this doesnt
show anything he will need to have ultrasounds and biopsies done.
then, we have another dog Atticus who wont loose his cough he has had
for 2 months-  poor little guy just got some injections in his throat
the other day, and in two weeks has to go in for xrays and such if it
wont clear up.   then i have portia and roxie who are the emaciated
pair.  and of course all the piggies that come in with mites, lice or
URIs.   it just never ends.

 The rescue is also going through quite a few changes right now too,
which makes everything worse.   We are loosing our volunteer who cares
for the 5 cages of piggies at Lansdale Feed and have yet to be able to
find anyone else to volunteer, so it looks like the pigs will have to be
pulled from there. I am so bummed because they really get a lot of
attention and we get a lot of applications from the exposure there!  It
takes me 45 minutes to get there, and they close at 6pm , and I dont
even get home from work until 6pm sometimes, so there is no way I can do
it.  Stacey is also leaving to pursue another direction in volunteer
work- she wants to do humane education at schools and such, so she will
not be fostering any longer.  Stacey is a huge loss to the rescue
because not only does she foster a lot, she helps with adoptions and
such."

So as you can see, Jenn is trying her best to give all these animals a
chance, but she is losing a lot of help (Stacey is a HUGE HUGE loss).
And yet, Jenn's major concern is the welfare of the animals and her
ability to continue her work!  Without getting too personal, her
personal life is suffering from the amount of time she spends saving
these animals and providing their care.

In a nut shell, every little bit helps.  All of you can make a
difference, and anything you can contribute will help ease the strain on
Jenn and save another animal.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!!!

Michelle