[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Cocoa

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 03:57:09 EDT 2006

Dear friends,

A few hours ago, our dear little Cocoa left us for the Rainbow Bridge. Our
brave little girl had not been in the best of health for about a year now.
This morning, when she was given her medicine, she seemed to be making a
turn for the better. She was bright-eyed, with a good appetite, and seemed
stronger than she had been for many days. This afternoon, when I looked in
on her, I could see that a complete reversal had taken place. Her eyes were
dull, and somewhat sunken. When I picked her up, I could feel her little
heartbeat on the tips of my fingers. The rhythm of it was so strange...it
would beat strongly at times, and then so weakly that I could barely feel it
at all. I felt, and continue to feel, so unbelievably sad. I, too, made the
decision to allow Cocoa to die in her home, surrounded by piggies and people
who love her, in the place where she was born, and where I knew she had
always been comfortable. We are very grateful that her suffering was so
short-lived, though, of course, we miss her terribly. She was born in
mid-September of 2001, at about 1:00 in the afternoon. We watched as she
came into the world, the smallest of a litter of four. Tiny as she was, she
always had a tremendous appetite. She was feebly working on a carrot just
hours before she left us. I think she loved to eat more than just about
anything! She never did move around very much, and was very quiet...in fact,
I don't remember ever hearing her "wheek" more than a couple of times. But
when feeding time rolled around, she really came to life! She loved to stand
up against the bars of her cage, waiting for her portion of fruits and
veggies, and if we didn't get to her soon enough, she would begin gnawing on
those bars,  just to speed things up a bit! She was her own unique and
beautiful little "person"; always friendly and loving, and very much loved
in return. We will miss her. There will be a tribute to her on our website
in the very near future.

With heavy hearts,
Sherry and the Piggie Pals
www.piggiepals4u.blinkz.com