[Gpdd] Health: Syringe Feeding Help

hk fox gandhfox1 at earthlink.net
Mon May 8 21:16:45 EDT 2006

Hi, All,
I need assistance from the GPDD crew, as you all are more help than the vet in many cases!

I have an elderly piggie, Reesie, who has just had some dental work for overgrowing teeth - both incisors and molars.  He had lost some weight and would not eat anything.  I took him to the vet to correct the problem and have been feeding Critical Care and baby foods for a week or 10 days.  He was quite unhappy at first, but has adapted well turning into a leisurely diner - taking a bite then chewing awhile, looking around, then repeating the process.  He has picked up weight, but my problem seems to be that I cannot get him to resume eating regular food although he should be capable.  Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you get the angel jumpstarted to real food?  I know I saved some posts on this but cannot seem to find where I saved them!
I would appreciate any suggestions anyone can give.  I think he enjoys this!!!

Please email or post.

Many thanks in advance.

Giki