[Gpdd] Misc: Thank-you for the condolences

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 20:37:12 EDT 2006

Hello to everyone and everypig,

I was very touched by the response I received to Ophelia's passing.  I would
like to thank everyone that responded to me personally or through the
digest.  Your words provided me with immense comfort in the days following
Ophelia's passing.  No one understands the grief unless they, too, have had
their hearts captured by these gentlest of creatures.

I am doing a lot better.  I wish I could say the same for Hamlet.  He is
very clearly depressed.  He sleeps a lot curled up in one corner of the cage
and doesn't even run away when I go to pick him up and cuddle him.  He
always used to run and hide behind Ophelia and I guess he figures there is
nowhere to run to now.  He is eating and drinking and I am making sure to
feed the favorites just to make sure he'll be enticed to eat.  I guess it is
just going to take time for him to begin healing from his loss.

I would also like to extend my condolences to everyone who has recently lost
a piggie, too.  I know all too well what you are going through right now.
All I can say is that it will ease with time.

Eve, Paddington, Agnes and Hamlet (missing his Ophelia)