[Gpdd] HEALTH & THANKS

Julie juwles at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 11 06:36:59 EDT 2006

Thank you to all piggy lovers from the digest for your good wishes re
Dougall.

Dougall is doing surprisingly well.  The infection is still there, hard
like a marble, only bigger.   But he's eating well, is bright eyed, and
every time he sees Angus those teeth start chattering and the little
side-strutting dance starts!   And the same with Angus........ proving
what a big pig he is!   I can't believe nature - it can be wonderfully
beautiful, and so cruel at the same time.   I know Dougall & Angus miss
each other's company, but they just can't be put together.      So, they
share one huge cage, which I have separated with metal bars down the
centre.  They can see/smell each other, but can't hurt each other any
more.

Kathy (my sister) seems to think that Dougall's abscess is not as big,
so maybe the antibiotics are kicking in.   He and Angus go back to the
vet tomorrow afternoon.    I'm holding off with surgery as long as the
vet says its okay.   She wanted to give the antibiotics more time to
work....... so, as she's an English vet with experience with piggies,
I'm going to follow her advice.  So far so good.

After Teddy died in Dec, I honestly never thought I would find a love as
intense as Teddy & I had.   I thought Dougall would just be another
piggy we could save, but probably be fairly bland of personality.  Well
was I wrong - .......... it's just a different sort of love.    But a
very strong love I'm grateful to say.

Best wishes
Julie, Dougall McPhail, Archie McAllister,
& my sister Kathy's piggies - Angus McTavish & Hamish McSporran
(I guess you can tell from the middle names of our pigs that we are of
Scottish descent!).