[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Upstate S.C. area

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Thu May 11 23:56:27 EDT 2006

Dear Friends:
On May 4th, Spartanburg, S.C. County Animal Control seized 93 animals from  a
woman's home.  The woman lived in Duncan, S.C. which is about 20 minutes
from me.  She had 60 guinea pigs. 18 cats, 7 dogs, 3 bunnies, and 5  puppies.
Although they all seemed to be fed, they were in horrible  conditions.  Some
have bad skin conditions and also respiratory  problems.  They were all in her
mobile home!  The animals are now  at the Spartanburg Humane Society pending a
court ruling.  I called the  Spartanburg Humane Society and spoke with a young
lady today.  They are in  bad need of any type of donations relating to
piggies and  their needs.  I will be going there hopefully on Saturday to deliver
some items.  If any of you live in the area, I am sure they would  appreciate
donations.  For more info on the situation and to read the news  article, go to
GoUpstate.com, and put in Guinea Pigs in the red "search  archives" area (on
the top right side). (Be sure to make guinea pig  plural!)
Scroll down, and the title is "Animals seized from Duncan woman's  home".
Thank you for your time.  Please say a prayer that the court  will rule that
this woman can no longer keep the animals.  The humane  society will then be able
to look for loving homes for these sweet  furbabies.
Donna - Tom, Huck, Becky, Thatcher, Big Jim, and Aunt Polly