[Gpdd] Misc: Why are there so many cases of animal hoarding?

Marty trails18 at alltel.net
Fri May 12 21:26:22 EDT 2006

I saw the post here about the lady in SC who had so many animals and it just breaks my heart.  Today I also heard about a case in California where workers removed 227 animals from a home, including 98 guinea pigs, 84 cats, 27 dogs, 14 rabbits, 3 potbellied pigs and 1 bird. The link to the story is http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=57536. What happens??  Is it that animals aren't being spayed & neutered?  Is it an illness- an obsession with having so many animals?  It's just so sad to hear about these little critters who aren't being taken care of.  It makes me have a need to cuddle my two piggie boys and be thankful they are happy and healthy.

Hugs & wheeks to all GPDDers and the piggies who own them ;)
Marty