[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Possible Lease Problem

Diana diana_barbour at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 10:19:27 EDT 2006

I got home last night to find a nice little note from the management company about they are now strictly enforcing the pet policy on all the leases, and they want $300 (non-refundable) plus an extra $30 per month, two photos of each pet, and they are restricting us to two animals per apartment, which is a problem since we have Shelby the turtle, Lucy the piggie and Rosy the betta.
The thing that REALLY scares me is the pet lease attached to this little note does not mention the small and furry; it talks about birds, fish, reptiles, dogs and cats, but nothing about say, ferrets, hamsters, bunnies, mice, or piggies. So I am totally terrified that some idiot at the main office will decide that rodents are a problem, and tell us that Lucy has to find a new home. There is someone on the third floor that has one of those fireman stickers on their door that says they have three ferrets, so I imagine that they are suffering much as I am.

I cried all night...I just don't know what I will do if I can't keep her.  Keith says that we can't move, and he's right, we can't; and he says that if they say she has to go, she has to go.  But it will totally kill me (literally, probably) to give her up...this comes on the heels of some bad news about my health as well.

Does anyone out there have any experience/advice with pet leases and piggies to offer, and if worse comes to worst and the management company will not let me keep Lucy, is there anyone out there in the general vicinity of Pittsburgh, PA who would be willing to take her if I can't keep her?  She is just the sweetest little girl, very used to and happy being a very spoiled only piggie, she is perfectly healthy and only about a year old.  I am starting to cry at my desk now, even just thinking about having to give her up...I am so hoping that it won't be a problem and I can keep her, but I am so terrified, and of course, no one understands. Almost everyone at work is laughing at me.

Thanks,

Diana