[Gpdd] [CARE] <New Piggies, feeling unsure.>

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 09:18:34 EDT 2006

  Hi Marie,

  Welcome to GPDD.  Give the boys time to get used to their new surroundings, they are still a bit unsure of everything and being away from their Momma is a new thing.  New foods to try and a new smells, they are a bit wary.  Hold them often, give them plenty of green veggies, pellets, 24/7 hay, fresh water daily, they will be fine.  By holding them often, they will get used to your smell and you and just the fact of being picked up.  Soon they will not run from you.

  One thing I wanted to mention, you have one of those store bought "small cages"?  Please see www.cavycages.com with two pigs, they will need more room, especially two males.  You could probably always keep the males together as long as they are not fighting each other and drawing blood.

  If you have any other questions, there are plenty of people on here to help you out.

  Wheeks,
  Lisa and the Guinea Girls
  Forever in my Heart, Cupcake and Flint

    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"

  The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"