[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR--New Piggies, feeling insure

Marsha Neely matilda at ptsi.net
Sun May 21 19:52:48 EDT 2006

 Marie,

 Whether or not your boys get along is entirely up to them.  It is my
 experience that males usually get along pretty well as long as there is not
 a female around.  That factor is important even if the boys are neutered.
 My neutered male, Ozzy, doesn't get along with other boars, but my oldest
 boar, Muttley, now deceased, and my youngest boar, Elvis, neither of which
 was ever neutered, got along great.  I do have two females in the same
room,
 but in a different cage.  Go figure!  Just watch them and they will let you
 know.

 They will probably warm up to you soon.  Again, it's totally up to them.
 Guinea pigs are very opinionated and they aren't afraid to voice those
 opinions.  Just give them some time.  Most of my piggies don't like to be
 picked up, but they like to be held.  If I had two hands, each bigger than
 my whole body, coming at me, I might not like that too much either.

 Good Luck!

 Marsha
The Bejabbers (StinkerBelle, Ozzy, Trixie, Elvis)
Bart, the big dog
In memory of Muttley, PitterPatty, and Baby
www.bejabbers5.blinkz.com