[Gpdd] MISC: Cinnamon Bear, my heart

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Wed May 24 05:32:45 EDT 2006

Cinnamon Bear, how do I describe you?  Best buddy?  Little brown guy?  A
blessing?  Yes, all that and more.  You entered my life when I saw you at
the pet store on August 6, 2005.  I even named you Cinnamon Sugar before we
even got you because your hair had a neat way of being goldenish brown, with
white specks underneath, but when you brushed it backwards, you were a
lightish brown.  But I decided to name you a more 'manly' Cinnamon Bear (no
offense to any female 'bears').  At the time we got you, Brownie Bear wasn't
feeling too well, so I sort of partly named you in her honor.  You seemed
full grown and your cute little 'eye brows' intrigued me.  Whenever your
'eye brows' were furrowed, you looked like a grumpy old man.  So it became
my life's passion to smooth them out so that we could see that adorable
smiling face.  Yes, you got used to me doing that!  You became my little guy
that I would do anything for!  When I cleaned your pen, you'd follow my hand
around and quickly turn your body into a 'C' as you tried to pee on my hand!
I'd quickly draw my hand away but sometimes you'd get pee on my hand, I'd
smile and say, well, I guess I'm yours! for I took it that you were marking
me as your property. I considered it an honor of the highest variety.

The edge of the bed is right up against your pen so if I sat with a paper in
hand, you'd quickly grab it and claim it as yours.  Or when I'd read a book,
you'd put your chin on the edge of your pen and fluff out your neck and just
watch me.  Or sometimes, you'd stand up and reach out to taste whatever
tasty catalog I might be looking at!

When you heard me coming up the hallway, you'd run to the side of the pen
that was nearest the door so that I'd see you as soon as I came in.  Or, if
I came from the bathroom in the other direction, you'd run to the nearest
side of the pen where I was.  I always felt so loved and special.

Try as I might, words can't describe my love for you.  I am so heartbroken.
When you first had the little red lump on Thursday, I couldn't sleep.  I was
on 'no sleep' from Thursday to Monday.  I kept worrying about you and
unfortunately, it seems with good reason.  (I'll explain that side in
another post.)  You didn't deserve such a short life.  You didn't deserve
the suffering.  You DO deserve a long life of happiness with the mommy and
daddy who love you with all their hearts.  Mommy would even give up her life
just to be with you once again.

I will miss the sweet piggie kisses you'd give me, the only piggie who has
ever done so.  The only little guy who'd let me twirl his hair with my
fingers.  The only little 'snickerdoodle' that I lost my heart to.  I'm not
sure where the nickname came from, it just came out of my mouth one day, and
you sure fit it.

I want you back in my life Cinnamon Bear.  And I'm pretty willing to do
nearly anything to do so.  We will always love you and always carry you in
our hearts.

Love, your mommy corrine and daddy Michael