[Gpdd] Care:Guinea pigs/chicken coops

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 19:50:19 EDT 2006

For what my opinion is worth, I don't think I would keep chickens in the same cage as a guinea pig.  From what I know of chickens (I'm basically a city girl) they grow up, scratch the ground and peck the ground or anything else they think might be food.  Wouldn't the chickens think Beaver's pellets were food and leave none for her?  I would also be afraid that as the chickens got older Beaver would feel intimidated by them, their size and she would certainly be out numbered for defensive purposes.

  I'm not sure chickens would respect her need for privacy or sleep.  Chickens are noisy.  Anyway, just my thoughts.

  Joan, slave to the Lady Bug.