[Gpdd] (Bridge) Re: Cinnamon Bear

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 08:13:51 EDT 2006

Corrine and Michael,
  We were so saddened to hear of the loss of Cinnamon Bear. We were really praying that he'd pull through. Last night, with tears in my eyes, I was telling my husband about all the problems you guys have had with piggies and he said "That's the vets in Hawaii for you!" Other than Dr. Ishitani at the Mililani vet clinic (unfortunately no longer there, from what I've heard) who was pretty good with piggies, every other vet I saw gave me bull hockey for information--I knew more than they did about pigs! And the things they said to you were just downright horrible. If it had been a cat or dog, I bet they would have respected your grief and anxiety. Grrrrrrr!

  Please don't blame yourself. I know it's hard, and I too sound like a hypocrite because I am still blaming myself about Gizmo and Max....maybe if I had paid more attention I would have seen their symptoms sooner and gotten treatment, yadda yadda yadda. You did everything possible for Cinnamon Bear and I know he is grateful for that. I think you went above and beyond---you noticed the minute details that a lot of people (and vets, apparently) would have missed. And you discovered them early so that CB didn't suffer.

  There *will* be another Cinnamon Bear. I'm not talking about replacing him, but I believe the right piggy will come into your life and your heart at the right time, and it will do something that will remind you of your sweet Cinnamon Bear and you will say "Cinnamon Bear used to do that!" and it will make you happy. I can't explain how it works, but it does. It happened after I lost Gizmo; Scooter was born three days before I helped Gizmo cross the Bridge...and three weeks later he was home with me even though I had no intention of getting another pig. He's not even the same color as Gizmo was, but something about his face and eyes and the way he acts is Gizmo all over. I believe Gizmo sent him to me. What an incredible gift!

  Don't worry about answering me personally. I know you are grieving and that it must run its course. Just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Okay, now I have to go because I am getting tears in the keyboard....

  Goodbye sweet Cinnamon Bear.
  -Stacy and the saddened Squee Squad