[Gpdd] Announce - A new girl has joined the group

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Thu May 25 15:21:58 EDT 2006

Today at lunchtime I went down town to one of the local pet shops.  There was the prettiest guinea pig there.  I'm pretty sure she's a texel.  She's not a baby, I'm not sure how old she is but I'm guessing a few months.  She's white, brown and grey.  She's got a very long, thick, curly coat.  She spent the afternoon at work with me and a few of my colleagues saw her.  One said she looks like a wig and that I should call her Wiggy.  She seems very friendly and doesn't appear to mind being held.  Once she's settled in a bit, I think she could do with a bath.  Her coat is very thick and, although not tangled, feels a bit greasy, not as soft as it should.  I don't want to stress her out yet though so I'll give her a few days to get used to her new surroundings and then maybe see about giving her a bath.  I think she's probably come from a breeder, she wasn't in the shop a couple of weeks ago when we went in so at most she's only been there a fortnight, probably a lot less.  She'!
 s such a nice guinea pig that I'm sure she wouldn't have been in the shop for very long.  I know this shop sometimes has older guinea pigs if they can't get hold of babies.  The owner of the shop wasn't there but the assistant said that if I want to find out her age the owner of the shop would probably know so I may get in touch and find out, after all it would be nice to know exactly how old she is.  This is a shop I trust, they always keep their animals in separate sex cages, the animals have plenty of room and the ones I've had there before have been healthy.  They're always quite happy for you to handle the animals and have a good look at them before you buy.  Well, I'm sure she'll soon settle in and start getting to know us all.