[Gpdd] [MISC] Cinnamon Bear

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Thu May 25 17:23:43 EDT 2006

My dear, dear Corrine

You are such a loyal slave to your Cinnamon Bear.  He must miss you as
much as you miss him.  Please, PLEASE, believe me:

         it *IS* ***NOT*** *YOUR* *FAULT* - none of it.

You know what it's like when you have a headache and sometimes you take
one pill when you could have taken two, and the pain doesn't really go
away?  Well, if you hadn't given Cinnamon Bear the extra Metacam, he might
well have felt like that, a nagging pain with the edge taken off, but it
was still there.  ***YOU*** saved him from that, YOU did that for him.  It
was you who gave him an effective dose.  It was you who asked for the
Metacam in the first place.  You knew what he needed, you asked for it,
got it and gave it to him.  You cared for him, and he knew that.

I am so sorry about the way that vet treated you.  It is just unkind for
the vet to suggest in any way that you were at fault; they were not able
to treat your darling little Cinnamon Bear piggy successfully.

I am surpried they didn't give you a bottle of Metacam so that you could
give him further doses.  Metacam is licensed for dogs, but also used in
cats.  It is an anti-inflammatory as well as an analgesic and it is
intended for use in chronic conditions.  A guinea pig metabolism is
different from a cat's, and they therefore need a different dose pro-rata
for it to have a beneficial effect.  The painkilling effect can last
around 20 hours, so please don't think that Cinnamon Bear was in any pain
because of you.  He wasn't.

What you want is someone who is sympathetic to you and to your piggy.
You did what any caring and sensible slave would do by taking Cinnamon
Bear to a Vet for professional help.  We can't do everything by ourselves,
sometimes we need professional help, and you recognised this and did
the right thing.  There was nothing else you could do.

Of course Cinnamon Bear wants you to look after yourself; you looked after
him so well, don't let him be disappointed that you are not taking good
care of yourself.  The poem you sent in is very moving, and I know that
many people will find it poignant as well as comforting.  Don't forget
that Cinnamon Bear will want you to be happy and healthy, and he'll want
you to be ready to love and care for the next little piggy that chooses
you as his Mommy.  Cinnamon Bear might be sending someone to look for you
right now...

Take care, find peace in the love you shared with your Cinnamon Bear, now
it is time to look to the future for his sake.  He wouldn't want you to be
ill or unhappy.

Best wishes

Kay