[Gpdd] MISC: Guinea Pig Wars 2

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 26 18:30:55 EDT 2006

    Dearest Alyssa,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I did try the bath and perfume today, and sadly, no luck. Mamas promptly turned to Pooky and bit her ear! I noticed all of my poor babies have little nibbles on their ears and I am just horrified by it. Especially since I leave her in there only for five minute stretches. She is just too dominant a pig.
    I guess I am going to just have to follow your advice and keep her alone. It makes me so sad, but I worry so much for little Jellybean. Bad enough she'd beating up on the older females, but Jelly is newly weaned and simply too little to handle such aggressive behavior.
    Luckily, Pooky and Blacky are kind to her and seem to only give her the "you're new and I am scared of you" treatment. Sometimes they try to crowd her in one of the houses, but I am not sure if that it being mean or not. They don't bite her or anything, I check, but they kind of crowd her. Does that make sense?
    Anyway, thanks for the help. I think Mamas is just a solo pig and I am going to have to do my best to keep her happy even though she needs to be alone. Fortunately, that seems to entail moderate petting and lots of hay. :)
                    Love, Amber
and the warring Blacky, Pooky, Mamas and Jellybean.