[Gpdd] MISC: Cinnamon Bear--the beginning

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Sun May 28 06:37:40 EDT 2006

Hello everyone and everypig.  Sorry, but I'm behind my replies because on
Thursday, I got so horribly ill, I thought I'd have to be in the hospital.
I then fell into a sleep stupor which I couldn't wake out of until early
Saturday morning.

When I first saw Cinnamon Bear in the pet store, he was alone and he
actually seemed happy.  When he fell asleep, his eyes were tightly shut.
Because he was full grown, I knew he was a male.  In another pet store,
there was a tiny white piggie.  I felt it could be a male.  Since I couldn't
decide between the two I asked Michael to pick one.  He picked the little
white one.  It was a she!  I had been looking for a male but figured we'd
get her anyway.  I kept thinking about the big brown guy in the other pet
store and Michael said if he's still there, we can get him.  Which brought
us back there and there he was.  So they packed him in a box and we brought
him home.  On the long drive home, he kept running around the box.  I opened
and held up the flaps to reassure him but out he came!  I frantically tried
to catch him.  I held him to reassure him but he was 'wild.'  I closed the
box again but he did the same thing and this time I carefully opened the box
but out he came flying.  I caught him again.  Then when we got home, he got
out of the box twice.  I was crying because I said, he's too wild, we'll
have to take him back.  He was so calm and happy in the pet store.  Michael
said maybe he hates the box.  So we got a rubbermaid bin and some creative
cubes and put him in there.  He put his front paws up and looked at it, but
he did seem much calmer.  He still seemed terribly frightened and wild,
running around like a crazed animal.  I couldn't sleep that night.  The next
day I said to Michael, if we as piggie people can't accept him, how will a
non piggie person?  So we decided to stick it out.  And we all know what
happened.  Love bloomed!!

He always always ran away like a crazed little piggie whenever I would reach
for him.  Or, he'd read my thoughts and knew I was thinking of picking him
up because I could see him eyeballing me and bracing himself for a run.

It amused me to no end,  forget what I was doing, but I could tell his
natural instinct was telling him 'bite her!' but he was turning his head and
his lips were quivering as he held back so hard to not bite me.  Little
things like that warmed my heart.

Or, he began to love tugging on my shirt sleeves.  At night, if it's warm, I
may wear a tank top.  But knowing how much he liked to tug on my shirt
sleeve, I always made sure to wear a t-shirt.

Thank you for understanding my love for my little guy.  I regret that I'm a
stupid human but that the ones who have to pay for my stupidity are my
loving little furbabies.

mommy Corrine and daddy Michael