[Gpdd] [SILLY] ...part of a song...

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Sun May 28 18:52:14 EDT 2006

Every morning, when I draw the curtains for the piggies in their room,
I always sing:

"Sun arise on the guinea pig paws
 Sun arise on the guinea pig paws
 Spreading all the light all arounnnnnnnnnd"

I am sure our Australian digesters will laugh at this...but when I
first heard "Sun arise on the kangaroo paws" I used to think of the
kangaroos dozing, and being woken by the first rays of dawn warming
their little paws... then I found out that "kangaroo paws" were plants!
Not the same image at all!

I made a typo in the Scaborough Fair pig song: the first line should be:

"Are you going to buy food for pigs?"

to rhyme (nearly!) with "...my favourite mix"

> To the tune of "Scarborough Fair"
>
> Are you going to buy piggy food?
> Parsley, hay, chicory - all mine!
> Remember me and my favourite mix,
> Or you'll have to go out again!

Healing wishes to poorly piggies wherever they may be.

Kay