[Gpdd] {health} eye problems

KiraEswen at aol.com KiraEswen at aol.com
Tue May 30 01:34:48 EDT 2006

Hi Lisa,

Re Gomez's eye problem.

The first time his entire eye went  cloudy over night and was noticeably
bigger than the other eye so I took him to  the vet especially as he went for me
when I tried to pick him up, which isn't  like him at all, so I thought he
might be in pain and he is an elderly  gentleman.

The vet dropped some dye in and  couldn't see any damage, but also couldn't
see into the eye, because of the  cloudiness, that's when he went on the
maxitrol.  The next day he went back  to see how he was getting on, and a different
vet (who I trust a bit more) shone  the light and could see through the
cloudiness and suggested the gluacoma drops  because his eye was noticably larger
than the other one.

Both eyes are the same size now one  is just a bit misty, but when I started
slowing down how much medication I was  giving him, the bad eye puffed up and
went foggy (but only on half of it, it was  really odd kinda egg shaped, later
in the day the distinct line was less  noticable it was more all foggy) but I
put him back on the drops and it went  down again it is still a little bit
misty but it doesn't seem significantly  larger than the normal looking one.  He
does have a white ring round the  outside of his iris on both eyes that he
has had since we got him - which I  thought might be growing cataracts but
wasn't sure - but it doesn't seem to  bother him and I put it down to age.

If not glaucoma, what do you reckon?

Many thanks Kira