[Gpdd] MISC: Pignics

DEE CLARK joedee1986 at verizon.net
Wed May 31 18:27:12 EDT 2006

A reminder.

New England Pignic:
frequency twice a year, generally in June and September
Next one: Sunday, June 25, 2006.
coordinator Dee Clark , deeclark at rcn.com

Location Stanley Park, 400 Western Ave., Westfield, Massachusetts
next to the soccer fields, at the Recreation entry.  Time generally starts
at 11 AM; goes until late afternoon raindate plans Sunday, July 2, 2006.
Just a lazy Sunday afternoon in the park with piggies and friends; feel free
to bring food to share for both people and piggies. Bring your own blankets
and chairs, as we're outside on a grassy field. People may have items to
sell or photo albums to pass around, and there are often piggies waiting to
be adopted. CavyMadness has several Pignic photo albums; be prepared to have
your photo taken!

Directions Massachusetts Turnpike to Exit 3(Westfield/Northampton). Turn
right on to Routes 10/202 South. Continue for 2 miles until you reach the
center of Westfield. A rotary will be on your left, and the Westfield
Library will be on your right. Take a right onto Court Street. Continue for
about 1 mile. The Main Entrance to Stanley Park is on the left; the
Recreation Entry is the SECOND entrance on the left. We're right under the
large tree (next to the open field), which you can see from the road. (see
park map)

Boston Area Pignic:
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Rain date: June 18, 2006
coordinator Tammy Rao, tammy at cavymadness.com

location Wellesley Town Hall lawn ("the bowl"), Wellesley MA. Parking is in
the Town Hall parking lot, directly across the street from the Library.
time 11 AM to 5 PM

Come and meet your pig-loving neighbors! No alcohol allowed, and restrooms
are at a nearby Peet's Coffee. Some people bring munchies, so feel free to
add to the potluck. Bring blankets and chairs, and be prepared to introduce
your piggy to the group! We always construct big (separate!) pens for the
girls and for the boys.

Whistle Ridge Guinea Pig Rescue (Auburn, ME) will have adoptable piggies on
hand. Meet their available pigs and fill out an application form online -
you can then take your new piggy home straight from the Pignic!

CavyMadness has Pignic photo albums; we will take lots of photos!

 directions 525 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482

we are in the grassy area next to the Town Hall building in Wellesley. There
is parking right next to the building, and the commuter rail is next to us
as well. Coffeeshops and pizza places are nearby.

via T: Commuter Rail to Wellesley Square. Head toward the post office, and
the Town Hall is a large pink-stone building to your left.  We will gather
in the shady area with a large depression (its called "the bowl").  Its hard
to miss...

via car: Directions are available at the Wellesley City Website. Parking is
available. From Route 16 west, turn into the Town Hall drive, and park on
the far side of Town Hall. Directly in front of you will be a large grassy
area, with a huge bowl formation.

Dee
www.sunnyday1.blinkz.com