[Gpdd] MISC-Turnip Greens OK?

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 11:25:54 EST 2006

Hi Charlene.  Turnip greens are actually high in calcium so while they make a great occasional treat with the greens, should not be fed in large quantities.  I know what you mean by the lettuce not looking great.  It's going to be a long winter.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug

Charlene Hawk <ckhawk79 at yahoo.com> wrote:
The GPDD moderators frequently reject messages that do not follow
these guidelines:
A lack of a Topic label is the most common reason for message rejection. Please use a Topic Label (HEALTH, CARE, ANNOUNCEMENT, BEHAVIOR, RESCUE, BREEDING, SILLY, PIGLETS, MISC. or VIRTUAL) and descriptive subject. More information on Topic use, post restrictions and permissions can be found at http://www.gpdd.org/topics.html

Postings to the digest must conform to the rules stated at
http://www.gpdd.org/guidelines.html

Please consult the GPDD FAQ at http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html for
a list of commonly asked questions.
All material posted is copyright The Guinea Pigs' Daily Digest, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any media - printed or electronic - without written permission of the administrators.I saw turnip greens at the grocery store recently and wondered if anyone feeds this to their piggies. It looked nice and fresh and the romaine lettuce didn't look very good, so I wanted to substitute, or at least add some into their diet, but wanted to see if anyone else has fed this before.

Thanks!
Charlene