[Gpdd] [CARE] Timothy Hay

A. Kay blondekersi at fuse.net
Sat Nov 4 17:41:08 EST 2006

Hello!   Just re-joined the GPDD. I used to belong years ago. I was sad to
read about Peter Gurney on the Home  Page.
My husband: David and I have 3 pigs- Girls- Lacie and Mouse, and
Boy-Tugboat. Girls are approximately 3 years old, and Tugboat is about 4.
All
of them are pet shop piggies.  My question is this- Naturally, our pigs LOVE
Timothy Hay. We recently acquired some "Totally Timothy" from the feed
store, and though it smells great, looks nor smells nothing like regular
Timothy from Oxbow or Kaytee. It is for horses. Will this hurt the pigs?  We
have not given any to them yet, cept a few strands to see if they liked it,
which they did. I use Timothy Hay for bedding over pine pellets with
newspaper lining the bottom of the cage.  Thanks for your help in advance.
Andrea & David and the piggers