[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Sharpless has a new home and family

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Mon Nov 6 16:16:56 EST 2006

Hello Everyone and Everypig -

Last night Sharpless (Carmen's piggydaddy) went to a new home and family.  He is going to stay with one of my best friends and live in her daughter's playroom.  The little girl sat on the floor holding her new piggy on a towel and cuddling him til he purred contentedly.  Meanwhile, I made up his old cage for him in the corner (it's a small room - his nearest neighbors are tropical fish).

Later, after dinner, the little girl announced that his new name was Night, a very lovely and descriptive name fitting for this gorgeous, glossy black abby boy.  Dad had suggested Travis (from Travis Bickle, Robert De Niro's role in Taxi Driver) because he said that the abby 'do suggested Travis' mohawk, but Night won the day (thank goodness!).  My friend is very responsible and understands that she will be doing most of the actual piggy care.

It was hard to say goodbye, but we think this is best for everyone.  Sharpless/Night has a new home, will get more attention, and meanwhile, back at the ranch, the grrlz, Carmen and Shakira can have the now undivided cage to themselves.

Thanks to everyone for your help while we've been on this journey.

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Carmen and baby Shakira
Taffy, Sundae and Tosca in mem
(Sharpless renamed Night in his new home and family)