[Gpdd] Health - keeping warm

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 11:41:19 EST 2006

Jemma-
  Yes, please be sure you keep those precious boys warm!  Even if
  the cold doesn't kill them, they can get URI's, pneumonia, etc,
  that can.  Can you put a little heater in their room?
  Of course, I would vote for bringing them in with you, especially
  at night.  Some have used hot water bottles or heating pads under
  them, but I'm not sure how safe or effective that would be. Of course,
  you couldn't have either one where they could chew on them.
  I cover one end of the cage with a towel, and let it hang down on the
  inside forming a curtain where they can get in and keep a bit warmer,
  keeping any drafts away.
  Let us know what you do.
  Susi & the OP's