[Gpdd] HEALTH: Vitamin C Drops

Megan Gladney byrne51250 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:46:11 EST 2006

Hi everyone - I have another health related question today that concerns
vitamin C drops placed in piggies' water. I have heard several times that
these drops degrade in the water and can cause more problems than anything.
I have noticed that Phylo's water bottle becomes reeeeeeeeally smelly and
cruddy when I use them. I always make sure that his water bottle is washed
in warm soapy water and rinsed very well on a regular basis, but this did
not help when using the vitamin C drops. For this reason I was going to
forgo them altogether. I buy him the vitamin C-enriched pellets that he was
started on when he was born, and he also gets lots of treats - such as red
and green pepper and romaine lettuce - throughout the week. However, will
this be enough to prevent health problems related to vitamin C deficiency
later on in life? Any information would be great - thanks!

Love and wheeks!

Megan, Jerry, and Phylo