[Gpdd] HEALTH - overly smelly urine

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 19:49:06 EST 2006

Hi Grace-I for one will be very interested to hear what your vet has to say.  BTW, good luck getting her to pee into a bottle : ).  How are you supposed to collect this sample and not have it contaminated by anything?  Are you sure she really drinks and pees as much as you think?  Have you observed her doing these things and not having the water dripping and maybe the amount of pee you see is a combination of the two of them?  These are questions I hope your vet asked.  I know the Bugster usually pees on the table when she's at the vet so anytime a sample is needed, there it is all ready for the tech.

  I always wonder when people tell me that their pigs are too fat just what a pig is supposed to weigh.  If their eyes are bright, coats shiny, are running around an amount appropriate to their age, and are shaped like little eggplants, how can they be too fat?  (Anyway, that's just my opinion.)  If you really are worried about weight just feed a good amount of red/green lettuces, good quality pellets with no seeds or junk in them and a lot of hay.  Give a small amount of favorite fruit 2-3 times a week.  If you follow this feeding they'll get all the nutrients they need from their food and their weight will be fine.  Good luck at the vets tomorrow and please do let us know what her doctor says.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug

grace ramp <gracetheface at yahoo.com> wrote:
The GPDD moderators frequently reject messages that do not follow
these guidelines:
A lack of a Topic label is the most common reason for message rejection. Please use a Topic Label (HEALTH, CARE, ANNOUNCEMENT, BEHAVIOR, RESCUE, BREEDING, SILLY, PIGLETS, MISC. or VIRTUAL) and descriptive subject. More information on Topic use, post restrictions and permissions can be found at http://www.gpdd.org/topics.html

Postings to the digest must conform to the rules stated at
http://www.gpdd.org/guidelines.html

Please consult the GPDD FAQ at http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html for
a list of commonly asked questions.
All material posted is copyright The Guinea Pigs' Daily Digest, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any media - printed or electronic - without written permission of the administrators.I want to thank you all for writing to let me know that Oreo may have a problem. It never occurred to me. She was at the vet yesterday and I need to bring a urine sample tomorrow for analysis. The vet said she seemed in good health but is too fat. All those grapes I've been giving her. She will eat just about anything. Not a finicky eater at all. So I'll keep you all posted on how she is doing. I really don't think it is anything serious because she had always been a heavy drinker and wetter so it's nothing new. Hopefully that's just the way she is. I'm so sorry to hear of all the passings lately. They just don't stay with us long enough. Talk to you all next week with the results. Keep your fingers crossed for Oreo.
P.S. - she is quite a purring machine

Grace, Pork Chop and Oreo
Brooklyn