[Gpdd] CARE: Play time

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Nov 12 04:15:40 EST 2006

Hello Emily and Milo,

As Milo is in a pen when he has his floor time, you could use a similar set
up to mine.

The Piggyfriends live permanently in pens. First of all I use a double
thickness of heavy gauge horticultural plastic, which I can buy off the roll
in a garden centre ( I'm in England but I am sure that gardeners everywhere
use this product ). On top of this goes a thick spread of newspapers. The
pens go on top of this, making sure that the newspapers extend beyond the
edge of the pens so no piggy can chew the plastic ( very dangerous!).

I then put more layers of newspaper over this, inside the pen, which can be
changed every day, leaving the original papers in good condition and the
plastic untouched ( and the carpets dry ).

You could use your towels as the top layer instead of the newspaper.

Hope this helps,

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.